On Wednesday, France's Interior Minister announced that a four-hour hostage standoff in central Paris ended with police moving in, arresting the armed suspect and freeing the people held in a ground-floor office.
“All the hostages are safe and sound,” Gerard Collomb said in a brief statement. At least two people had been held.
Police said that there was no indication of an extremist motive.
A judicial official said that the Paris prosecutor's office arrested the suspect, a 26-year-old man born in Morocco.
The official said that the man is being probed on multiple counts, including kidnapping and sequestration, attempted homicide and violence with a weapon.