Sponsors suspend advertisement campaigns with Neymar following rape accusation

Last Updated: Jun 09 2019 16:11
Reading time: 0 mins, 36 secs

FOOTBALL- Many sponsors have put advertisement collaborations with Brazilian star Neymar on hold following rape accusations against him.

A Brazilian model has accused Neymar of raping her in a Paris hotel room last year. Neymar strongly denies the charges.

NR Sports, the company in charge of Neymar's business interests off the field, said, “Together with some partners and sponsors, NR Sports is suspending some campaigns in light of the seriousness of the unjust accusations and, above all, the category of endorsed marks.”

The firm also said many sponsors have expressed their trust in Neymar and have not suspended promotional campaigns.