THAILAND- As divers and rescue teams work round the clock to safely get out 12 boys and their soccer coach from a cave where they have been trapped since last two weeks, the boys have written letters to their parents asking them not to worry.
"Don't worry, we are all strong," one child said in a note. "Teacher, don't give us lots of homework!" he joked.
"Don't worry about me, I'm safe." a boy nicknamed Pong said.
Another wrote: "Nick loves Mum and Dad and siblings. If I can get out, Mum and Dad please bring me mookatha (Thai barbecue) to eat."
The 12 boys and their coach went to explore the caves after a soccer practice but they were trapped by flood waters on 23 June. Since then rescue teams are trying to get them out. They made a headway a few days back and were able to reach the kids and handed them supplies.
The handwritten notes from the groups were handed to British divers on Friday and they passed it to Thai navy who released them on their Facebook page.
In his letter, the 25-year-old coach Ekkapol Chantawong apologsied to the parents of the kids and said he is taking care of them.
The parents also posted letters on the local government's Facebook page and assured the coach they do not blame him.
"Mums and dads are not angry at you. Thank you for helping take care of the kids," one said.
Another reads: "Tell Coach Ake: Don't think too much. We are not angry at him."
The boys are stranded 600 m below the surface.